- Employed by: Community CVS
- Salary: £11,336 per annum (20 hours)
- Hours: Part time – 20 hours (working Wednesday -Friday) TBC
- Contract: Fixed term – Project running until March 2024
- Location: Based at the Bureau Centre for the Arts CIC
- Closing date: Friday 11th November at midnight
- Interviews: Tuesday 22nd November and Wednesday 23rd November
- Download the job description
- Download the person specification
- Download the application form – return to Clair Bloomfield
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well organised, people-person to promote a new exciting volunteering project to young people across Blackburn with Darwen. The successful candidate will have good public speaking skills enabling them to talk passionately to young people about this project, sharing the opportunities and benefits that would be gained by engaging with Volunteering Now.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have a good eye for detail and strong admin skills to support the administration of the project as well as being well organised.
A flexible approach to working is required with some evening and weekend hours.
About the project
As Volunteering Now Project Support Assistant, you will play an instrumental role in supporting the Project coordinator to deliver an ambitious place-based volunteering project.
Blackburn’s Volunteering Now Project aims to engage and mentor 200 young people age 16 – 30 in volunteer opportunities across Blackburn with Darwen’s arts, culture, sport, heritage, environment and wildlife sectors over the next two years. In addition, teaming up with partners across the borough we will develop a digital volunteering platform where volunteers are able to track their journey through disciplines, joining up experiences, opportunities and knowledge across the sectors. This collaborative approach will result in a sustainable place model which will develop a framework that can be replicated in any town.
Duties and responsibilities
- To recruit volunteers age 16-30 into the Volunteering Now project. This will include establishing links with local colleges, clubs and young people services to promote the project. It will also include meeting with and vetting volunteers on behalf of Volunteering Now.
- To provide administration support across the project. This will include assisting in the collection and analysis of data, issuing volunteer sign up forms, responding to email enquiries etc.
- To work with the Project Co-ordinator to assist in creating periodic newsletters for the project.
- To create content for social media channels.
Attributes, experience and skills
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Well organised
- Confident communicator
- Approachable and friendly personality
- Ability to enthuse and motivate
- Good writing and communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to use social media platforms
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Experience of Volunteer recruitment (desirable)
- Experience of working with young people (desirable)
- Experience in Administration (desirable)
If you think this role is right for you we are keen to hear from you. We do consider experience in both paid and voluntary capacities and are interested in applications from those who are able to demonstrate how their transferrable skills, knowledge and experience are relevant to this role.
To discuss this role please call Becca (Wednesday-Friday) on 07947 934637.