We are delighted to tell you that the Blackburn with Darwen Community Fund is once again open to applicants. You can download the application form here.
- Round 6 – Monday 15th September @ 12 noon
- Round 6 – to be arranged
The Blackburn with Darwen Community Fund is a small grants fund is being run by Community CVS on behalf of Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, the Brian Mercer Trust and the Eric Wright Charitable Trust. It forms part of the Community Pledge, which focuses on getting communities to volunteer and develop solutions that make a difference within their local neighbourhoods. To be eligible to apply for a grant, your group has to have:
- a constitution or governing document and a committee made up of 3 or more people who are not related
- your own bank, building society or credit union account or credit union account which requires two signatories or have the agreement of another organisation to hold the funds on your behalf (who have an account requiring two signatories)
- must not be a statutory body or private sector organisation (i.e. it must be set up on a ‘not for private profit’ basis – not privately owned or be able to distribute dividends to individuals and must be able to undertake activities of a charitable purpose)
- your group must not directly employ any paid members of staff and must be run by volunteers and use volunteers to deliver its activities (i.e. to ensure the funds go to small grassroots organisations rather than large charities or social enterprises)
- the activity must take place within Blackburn with Darwen and benefit residents of Blackburn with Darwen
Groups may apply for £500 funding to run the proposed activities and/or £500 to purchase equipment to help your group deliver its activities. If you have any questions or queries regarding completing this form please contact CVS on 01254 583957 or drop us an e-mail.
You can download the application form here.