Community CVS runs Fast 4wd to help service users who are engaged in treatment or who are in recovery from substance misuse, to help others in their community.
Community CVS first developed the Fast 4wd Project in 2006 to help remove barriers that were preventing people who were engaging in treatment for substance misuse from getting involved in their community.
We set up Fast 4wd to help people in their recovery and to use their capabilities and potential in their communities.
We offer the following services:
- Recruit & train a bank of Recovery Support Volunteers to work within the Substance Misuse Sector within the Blackburn with Darwen area.
- Connect people who are in recovery with community and mutual groups in their localities,
- Empower people in recovery to set up community and recovery initiatives of their own.
- Develop new accessible volunteering and positive activities within the borough that allow individuals who are engaged in treatment and recovery to become integrated with other members of the community, thus challenging stigma and isolation.
- We also operate the Community Asset Fund (CAF) on behalf of the Spark Recovery Collaborative. You can learn more about the CAF here and find out about some of the wonderful people and projects who have benefitted here.
We have close working partnerships with criminal justice, housing, health, employment agencies to provide support for wider life issues for service users.
Volunteering for People with an Offending History
If you feel you want a fresh start and want support to make positive changes in your life, we can provide this through our Fast 4wd Volunteering for Offenders Project.
If you have an offending background it can feel that there a lot of barriers in place in terms of opportunities available to you, difficulties finding employment etc. Volunteering can help overcome these barriers by providing you with a sense of purpose, the chance to learn new skills, meet new people, gain work experience and excellent references.
Our staff and volunteers will work alongside you to create a tailor made volunteering opportunity for you that allows you to gain the skills and experience that you want and that will give you the best life chances moving forward.
We’ll support you all the way from making initial enquiries, helping you through application processes, keeping in touch to see how things are going, and helping you access further training or experiences of your choice, so that you can fully participate and contribute to your community.
Get in touch
If you would like support, information or to become a volunteer please contact Steve Foden on 01254 583957 or email email@example.com or call in to the Boulevard Centre between 10 – 4pm Monday to Friday.