Community CVS are inviting applications for the post of SENDIASS Project Officer and Volunteer Co-ordinator (Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service). We are seeking someone with a passion for supporting children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and their families, a ‘people person’ with the ability to emphasise and emotionally support children, young people and their families, ideally with knowledge and experience of engaging with educational, health and social care institutions.
Your role will be to assist in the development and delivery of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service in Blackburn with Darwen, which is required to provide free, accurate and impartial information and support to children and young people between the ages of 0-25 and their parents to enable them to make informed decisions about special educational needs provision.
You will provide:
- Personal and confidential help
- One to one impartial advice and support
- Independent information about special educational needs and disabilities
- Help to make sense of how the educational process affects parents/carers and their children/young people
- Advice about working with those involved in the child’s education
- Information about parent groups
- Access to independent parental support
- Promote the local offer
- Signpost to other services that provide information, advice and support under the SEND Code of Practice 0-25
- Information, advice of personal budgets
The postholder is expected to work flexibly in response to the needs of children, young people and parents and will need to be available for 5 days a week – Monday to Friday.
- SALARY: £14880 per annum
- WORKING HOURS: 30 hours per week TERM TIME ONLY 38 weeks
- Application deadline: 12 Noon Friday 10th March
- Date of interview: W/C 20th March
Only fully completed application forms will be accepted. Candidates sending in CV’s will not be considered.
Please send your completed application form either by post to: –
The Community Hub
35 Railway Road
Or email to: email@example.com with the subject heading: Job Application