On Thursday 17th, Friday 18th and Saturday 19th March, SPAR stores across the UK have invited British Red Cross to collect at their stores for the Disasters Emergency Committee Ukraine Appeal. They are looking for 32,000 volunteers across the UK to volunteer for two hours at their local store. Below is a breakdown of what the monies raised during those two hours to help provide:
- £5 could provide three people with sleeping mats for people forced to flee their homes
- £10 could provide a family with a month’s worth of hygiene supplies
- £40 could provide blankets to ten people taking shelter
- £100 could provide 120 chlorine tablets, ensuring people have access to safe, clean water
The Red Cross movement is present in Ukraine and can help ensure these vital supplies reach those in need and those also fleeing the country.
If you can support The British Red Cross to raise these funds by volunteering for two hours during the dates above, please take the following steps
- Apply on our volunteering site to be one of our team of bucket shakers.
- Wait for a message from our team letting you know your application has gone through.
- Follow the instructions in their email, to sign up to a collection near you.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.