Through Community CVS activities and our engagement with local networks and decision makers we are working to create a positive environment in which volunteering in the borough continues to flourish.
Community CVS works with partners from all sectors to connect people and grow communities through the development and coordination of volunteering in the borough.
Community CVS aims to be the voice of volunteering through its strategic, coordination and grassroots activity.
- Volunteer Bank – deployment of trained volunteers to other services.
- Volunteer Passport – borough-wide scheme of volunteer induction training endorsed by the Borough council, Job Centre Plus, CCG and Blackburn College.
- Volunteer Manager Training and surgeries– developing good practice in the management of volunteers.
- Borough-wide Directory of Volunteering Opportunities –includes 400+ local volunteer roles.
- Localities work – infrastructure support for volunteer-led community centres
- Monthly Practitioner and Volunteer Coordinator network
- Small grants for volunteer-led initiatives in the community
- Inclusive Volunteering Project – Delivery partner for the IAG commission
- Fast 4wd Project – supporting life recovery through recovery support volunteers
- Volunteering for Offenders – supporting community integration and re-settlement
- Nightsafe mentoring – managing volunteer programme development
- Supporting service delivery through deployment of volunteers to external groups
- Volunteering on prescription –for low – medium mental health or long term conditions.
- Social Inclusion Football – vulnerable people in leadership and participation roles
- Cafe Hub – supporting infrastructure, governance, funding and volunteer development
- VOICE – supporting infrastructure, governance, funding and volunteer development.
- MEAM delivery partner – recruiting, training, deploying and managing volunteers.
- Dept. of Health Volunteering in Care Homes pilot (nationally 1 of 5 delivery organisations).
- Volunteer Bulletin – latest opportunities sent monthly to recruit volunteers for BwD groups.
- Coordination of borough-wide programme for Volunteers Week.
- On-going development of the new borough-wide Volunteering Strategy with partner organisations and borough council.
- Qualified Advisor for the Investor in Volunteers National Quality Standard
- Work in progress on developing volunteer infrastructure to support Transforming Lives
- Volunteering Lancashire
- Lancashire Association of CVS’s
- Volunteering North West
- Live Well Board – BwD
- Local Public Service Board
- BwD Prosperity Board – lead officer, volunteering
- Families Health and well-being forum
- National Commission for the Future of Volunteering Infrastructure
- Transforming Lives Volunteering task group
- BwD Volunteer Strategy Group
- CCG and GP Locality Groups