Community CVS helps organisations to engage with various communities, and helps residents and excluded groups to have a voice. If you represent an organisation that needs to engage with a section of the community, we can help. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Some recent examples:
- 5 years of engagement activities with BME communities and faith groups through supporting interfaith and community cohesion activities.
- Facilitated workshop for the organisation Clinks (a Lankelly Chase -funded programme) to engage with people facing severe and multiple disadvantage.
- Vitamin D workshops with different cohorts of the population ( including different focus groups for young people, professionals, Asian males) on behalf of Public Health, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council.
- Big Local Partnership for Shadsworth and Whitebirk – Community CVS helped develop their Community Plan and is now the trusted local organisation for managing the grants pot.
- Community Centres run by volunteer-led groups – we help them to engage with their communities and get more residents involved in the Centres through organising Fun Days as well as helping them to develop a network of peer support through Community centre network meetings.
- Older Peoples Forum – Community CVS hosts the Older Peoples Forum which promotes the well-being of all people over 50 in Blackburn with Darwen by being their voice; thereby empowering and enabling effective consultation and facilitating social engagement. Read more here if you are interested in getting involved please contact Misbakh@olderpeoplesforum.org.uk
- Community CVS hosts the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme Community Engagement Officer, who works throughout Lancashire to promote the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme. The Community Engagement Officer forms part of a team working across Lancashire, presenting at events, visiting care homes & community facilities and working with key partners