On the evening of Thursday 16th November, Mohammed Kathrada organised a Lifesavers First Aid Course for Offload Northwest Men’s Hub through Marie Coleman, Skills Development Officer – Family Learning.
Chris Truckle, Tutor alongside his assistant ‘Chris’ provided the training. The course entailed: –
- Emergency Life support skills
- Demonstration how to assess an unconscious casualty using the DRSABC method
- Correct recovery position
- The differences between a cardiac arrest and heart attack
- How to deliver CPR effectively
- Demonstration on the steps to access and use an AED
Participants who attended enjoyed learning about lifesaving, practicing CPR using demonstration dummies and learning about defibrillators. Participants also got the chance to ask questions around First Aid and the chance to get to know Chris and the work he does though Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council.
Please see the photos from the training below.